No alt text defined

Cross-border commuter offer: 100% free banking account

No alt text defined

CA Simply: the 100% free offer for cross-border commuters

As a cross-border commuter, you need to provide your employer with a Swiss IBAN so that they can pay you your salary. But when it comes to bank accounts, you have everything you need in your country of residence.

CA Simply is the convenient solution that provides you with the bare minimum of banking services on the Swiss side, for maximum simplicity.

In short, it's the first Swiss account that doesn’t allow you to withdraw money from an ATM, or to build up savings, or to pay your bills... but that transfers your money automatically and free of charge every day! We give you less to give you more.

There's just one criterion for eligibility: you must have an IBAN starting with FR or DE.

CA Simply

CHF 0.-/month

Free account with repatriation of your CHF salary to a EUR account*

  • Personal account in CHF
  • E-banking access (read only)
  • No costs for domiciling abroad

    * Automatic repatriation will only take place via a SEPA transfer.

How does it work?

Every day, the funds available in your CHF current account are converted into euros at the CHF/EUR exchange rate applicable at the time of the transaction. They are automatically1 transferred on the same day to your bank's EUR account in France or in Germany (IBAN starting with FR or DE).

1. Receive your salary

You will receive your salary and any bonuses on your CA Simply current account (in CHF).

2. CHF > EUR conversion

Funds received are converted into euros at the CHF/EUR exchange rate in force at the time of the transaction.

3. Automatic transfer to your account

Your salary is automatically sent to your current account in France or in Germany (in EUR).

Eligibility criteria

  • Be of legal age
  • Have a French or German IBAN
  • Be a private individual acting in a private capacity
  • Have a proof of address**
  • Prove that you have an economic tie with Switzerland**

CA Simply: those who say it best

No alt text defined

Charline, 38, cross-border commuter from Geneva

Has an account in France for her day-to-day expenses and an account in Switzerland to receive her salary:

"I've been working in Switzerland for 10 years and I've been looking for a solution for about 5 years now that allows me to avoid accumulating bank charges on both sides of the border. CA Simply is going to change my life, especially since I won't have to worry about transferring my salary to my account in France every month."

No alt text defined

Karl, 25, cross-border commuter from Basel and resident in Germany

Holds an account in Germany for his day-to-day expenses and wants to open an account in Switzerland for his first job:

"I've just landed my first job in Basel, Switzerland, and I needed to find an offer quickly to be able to give my employer a Swiss IBAN. Crédit Agricole next bank's completely free, automated service appealed to me. I opened my account online, from home – and in less than 20 minutes I had my IBAN. If my situation changes, I know that I can change package at any time with the help of my advisor".

* The automatic SEPA transfer is made before 10am on the given day, in order to be credited to the account in France (with an FR-IBAN) or Germany (with a DE-IBAN) on the same day. Funds in CHF received after 10am will be transferred the following day.

** If you live outside Switzerland, additional conditions apply:

Provide proof of address with one of the following documents:

  • Energy (electricity, water, etc.), Internet or telephone bill that is less than 12 months
  • Tax notice that is less than 14 months old or rental payment receipt that is less than 12 months old
  • If you are living in the home of a third party, in addition: proof of identity (front and back), proof of address, and a sworn statement from the host

Provide proof of your economic ties with Switzerland with one of the following documents:

  • If you are employed: employment contract signed by both parties, payslip, or letter from the employer that is less than 6 months old
  • If you are retired: AVS statement or proof of retirement